St. Kitts and Nevis Profile:
Sovereignty: St. Kitts and Nevis is a federal two-island country in the West Indies. It is the smallest sovereign state in the Americans.
Location: It is located in the British West Indies, approximately 1,200 miles from Miami, Florida, 50-70 miles from Anguilla, St. Maarten, and St. Barts, and a 45-minute ride to Puerto Rico and the US Virgin Islands.
Government Type: An Independent Commonwealth realm with Queen Elizabeth II as its head of state. Enjoys a politically stable and democratic government.
Interesting facts: This beautiful two-island nation is blessed with tropical temperatures, clear blue waters, white sandy beaches, and a bustling trade and tourism economy.
Population: Currently, St. Kitts and Nevis has a population of approximately 51,134 with a land area of 261 km2.
Demographics: show African descent 75.1%, Afro-European 12.3%, mulatto 5.3%, East Indian and Afro-East Indian 5%, south Asian Ethnic groups 3%, other 3.3%. Religions Anglican, Protestant, and Roman Catholic.
Economy: In 2011, the Growth Domestic Product (GDP) in St. Kitts and Nevis was $709 million dollars. In the past five years, GDP in the Federation has experienced a healthy growth of 9.57%. Its currency, the East Caribbean dollar, has maintained a fixed exchange rate of 2.7 to the US dollar. The primary industries here are tourism, agriculture, animal husbandry, fishing, forestry, and mining. As tourism and real estate investment increases on this island, global appeal is increasing as well for several reasons. There are numerous benefits to investing in a property in St. Kitts and Nevis, and ultimately becoming a citizen. Once a citizen, you are completely freed from several types of taxes, including personal income, capital gain, gift, wealth, or inheritance taxes. In addition, you will have the ability to travel, without a visa, to 139 different countries, including the United Kingdom, Canada, France, Germany, and Switzerland. The Federation has embassies & diplomatic missions in the following places: Washington D.C., London, New York, Canada, Belgium, Jamaica, Dubai, and the Republic of China (Taiwan). Furthermore, you will be residing in a country that is favorable to new business development ventures, and one that holds a currency that is directly tied to the US dollar.
The regulations regarding citizenship-by-investment in St. Kitts and Nevis are contained in Part II, Section 3 (5) of the Citizenship Act, 1984, and the Saint Christopher and Nevis Citizenship by Investment Regulations, 2011. These provisions allow the government to operate a program under which citizenship is granted to persons who qualify under the criteria set by the Government.
- St. Kitts and Nevis Citizenship-by-Investment Program leads to full citizenship within approximately 6-8 months without prior residency requirements.
- This program is targeted for HNWI’s around the world.
- Potential Clients should make an investment in one of the following :
Option 1: Donation to the Sugar Industry Diversification Foundation (SIDF):
- The (SIDF) is a government public charity. This option involves a donation amount between $250,000 and $450,000 depending on the number of family members applying.
- Once approved, the applicant would become a citizen of St Kitts & Nevis within an average of 6 months.
- Final & exact fees (including legal & government fees) are calculated based on the profile of each candidate.
Option 2: Investment in real estate:
- The minimum qualifying real estate purchase value into an approved real estate development project is $400,000. This would qualify a principle applicant and his/her qualified family members.
- Other expenses such as registration, legal & government processing fees apply. The final amount depends on the family size & profile of the potential applicant.
- The acquired real estate property maybe resold after 5 years, and the property may qualify a new applicant for citizenship.
- St. Kitts and Nevis citizens are allowed to visit the Schengen countries without a visa for the period of three months within a six month period following the date of first entry into any EU country.
- St. Kitts and Nevis passport holders can travel to over 130 places in the world including Canada, Europe, Hong Kong, Singapore, and the United Kingdom.
- Full citizenship with passport is granted to the applicant and family.
- St. Kitts and Nevis is a member of the Commonwealth which entitles St. Kitts and Nevis citizens to certain limited privileges in the United Kingdom and other commonwealth countries.