Sovereignty: The Council of Ministers is the main authority of the executive power in Bulgaria. It consists of the Prime Minister of Bulgaria and all the specialized ministers.
Location: Bulgaria is located in Southeastern Europe. It is bordered by Romania to the north, Serbia and Macedonia to the west, Greece and Turkey to the south, and the Black Sea to the east.
Government Type: A Parliamentary Democracy.
Interesting facts: Bulgaria ranks third in Europe (after Italy and Greece) for the number of its valuable archaeological monuments!
It is filled with mountains, lowlands near river Danube and sandy beaches along the Black Sea coast.
Population: A population of 7,284,552 and a land area of 110,910 km2.
Demographics: Ethnic groups Bulgarians (76.9%), Turk (8%), Roma (4.4%), other (0.7%). Religion: Eastern Orthodox, Muslim, other (Catholic, Protestants, American Apostolic Orthodox, Judaism).
Economy: Bulgaria’s strongest sectors of the economy are heavy industry, power engineering, and agriculture, all relying on local natural resources. The country’s dominant industries are mining and energy. Bulgaria is ranked as one of the top world producers of agricultural commodities. Tourism is also one of the key sectors in Bulgaria due to its excellent geographical location, remarkably rich nature, and moderate climate. The Black Sea coast offers attractive Seaside resorts and sunny beaches.
Established in 2009, the Investor Program for Residence and Citizenship in Bulgaria was implemented following the decisive legislative actions of the Bulgarian Government to attract foreign investment and business interest in the country. In return, investors and their families obtain a Permanent Residence Permit and become eligible for Bulgarian citizenship.
- Fast process to residency (6-9 months).
- Fast-track option allowing for citizenship within two years.
- Special exemption from physical residence enforced with legislation.
- Guaranteed investment and available financing option
- No language requirements
- No obligation to relinquish current nationality
- Lowest tax rates an free trade environment within the EU.
- Free movement within the Schengen countries after acceptance.
- Access to high quality healthcare in Bulgaria and the EU.
- Conditional tax exemption on world income.
- Applicants must make a financial investment . Investment options are as follows:
- Applicants should deposit BGN 1 million (€511, 454.53) in a fully guaranteed Governmental Bond for 5 years without any accrued interest.
- A payment of €180,000 that will be used to finance a BGN 1 million (€ 511,454.53) closed 5.5 year loan from a Bulgarian Chartered Bank.
- This loan is initiate and repaid at no further cost to the investor.
- Applicants choosing the Financed Investment option will need to demonstrate net worldwide assets of no more than € 1 million, a requirement of the Bulgarian Chartered Bank.
The contribution for the Financed option might be subject to change on the discretion of the authorized Bulgarian Bank. Such changes are announced in advance.
- Become resident of EU member country
- Fast track process, 6 to 9 months within legislative framework
- Government approved investment and available financing options from Banks
- Physical residency exemption enforced with legislation
- No language requirements
- Unique benefits towards European citizenship for investors and their families
- Highly-skilled labor force at Europe’s lowest operational cost
- Free movement within Schengen countries after accession
- Favorable tax rates and free trade environment within EU
- Competitively priced healthcare and education